Canadian keynote speakers Julie and Colin Angus deliver inspirational keynote presentations for annual general meetings, association conferences and other events. These National Geographic Adventurers’ of the Year and best-selling authors specialize in giving keynote presentations that resonate, inspire and motivate.
Click the video below to watch them speaking.
This husband and wife keynote speaker team are masters of achieving the impossible; from completing the first entirely human powered circumnavigation of Earth to rowing unsupported across the Atlantic Ocean through two hurricanes. While adventure, research and exploration is their primary occupation, Julie and Colin are also gifted storytellers, sharing their exploits through bestselling books, documentaries and, most intimately, on stage. They have inspired hundreds of audiences around the world from countless fortune 500 companies to educational institutions.
Reading the biography of these keynote speakers, you’ll notice that they’ve rowed their share of oceans and rivers, and accomplished many impressive feats. Besides being named National Geographic Adventurers of the Year and Canadian Geographic Fellows for their outdoor pursuits, they have written six books, produced numerous documentaries and founded a boat company.
Julie has a M.Sc. in Molecular Biology, was the first woman to row across the Atlantic Ocean from mainland to mainland, and led a National Geographic sponsored expedition to research the historical and cultural influences of the olive.
Colin is the first person to circumnavigate the world by human power, completed the first descent of the world’s 5th longest river, and has spent more time rowing boats than anyone we’ve ever heard of. Perhaps most impressively they are the parents of two young boys and are still happily exploring together after nearly a decade of marriage.
Creating a powerful presentation is a collaborative process that is greatly benefited by information you provide. Keynote speakers need to understand who your audience is, what the overall event theme is, and what kind of a lasting impact you want your audience to leave with.
Our presentations use gorgeous photography and gripping video, audience participation and phenomenal storytelling to create a unique and memorable experience.
We specialize in keynotes that deliver these messages:
- achieving big goals
- overcoming challenges
- dealing with change
- environmental stewardship
- inspiring stories
- entertaining & uplifting
We offer three keynote presentations that can be customized to suit your event theme.
- Rowboat In A Hurricane: Dealing with Change and Unexpected Setbacks
- Office in a Rowboat: Taking Teamwork to the Extreme
- Rowing Across the Atlantic: Strategies to Reach Your Goals
Colin and Julie Angus are keynote speakers who reach a broad range of audiences including fortune 500 companies, government and non-profit organizations and educational institutes.
Their clients include:
- Thompson Reuters
- Royal LePage
- Price Waterhouse Coopers
- CIBC Wood Gundy
- Helly Hansen
- Rolls Royce
- Farm Credit Canada
- Imax Corporation
- National Geographic
- Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
- Canadian Association of Petroleum Production Accounting (CAPPA)
- Association of Public Sector information Professionals
- Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of BC (APEGBC)
- Growing Rural Tourism Alberta
- British Columbia Medical Association
- Manitoba Municipal Administrators Association
- Avanti Software Inc.
- Cumis Life Insurance
- Northern BC Tourism
- Fraser Valley Real Estate Board
- Braun/Allison Inc.
- Fernie Chamber of Commerce
- Cooperators Group Ltd.
- Worldstrides: Educational Student Travel
- Communitech Technology Leadership Conference
- Ivanhoe Cambridge
- Government Finance Officers of Western Canada
- Fraser Milner Casgrain LLP (FMC)
- City of Surrey
- Northgate Chevrolet Buick GMC
- Scotia Dealer Advantage
- United Egg Farmers
- International Symposium on Highway Geometric Design
- Canadian Health Libraries Association
- City of Richmond
- St. Lawrence Seaways Management
- Tourism Vancouver Island AGM
- Wallace & Carey Inc.
- Freestone Capital Management
- Wood Buffalo Safety
- Every Woman
- Mountain Equipment Co-op
- Illuminating Engineering Society
- BC Marine Trade
- Saskatchewan Parks & Recreation
- Carma Developers
- Travelers Financial Corporation
- Hollyburn Properties Ltd.
- MLC Group
- Associate Veterinary Clinics
- Alberta Health Authority
- BC Lung Cancer Association
- Entrepreneurs’ Organization – Vancouver and Winnipeg branches
- Canadian Institute of Financial Planners
- District of Maple Ridge
- Capital Regional District
- Calgary Zoo
- Canadian Association for Earthquake Engineering
- Canada West Ski Areas Association
- 2010 Legacies Now
- Trans Canada Trail
- Act Now BC
- Association of School Business Officials of Alberta
- RBC Wealth Management
- Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada
- Belleville Sales and Advertising Club
- BC Automobile Association
- Home Loans Canada
- Westlink Innovation Network
- Truestar Health
- Women’s Business Network – Comox Valley
- Safe Community Wood Buffalo
- Recreational Facilities Association of BC
- Salt Spring Island Conservancy
- Youth G.R.E.E.N. Conference
- The Mountaineers
- Vancouver Maritime Museum
- Annual Cardiovascular Conference
- Forestry Innovation Investment Ltd.
- Healthy Heart
- Active Communities
- Alberta Recreation and Parks Association
- Rowing Canada
- Outdoor Industry Association
- School District 71 Support Staff
- Bluewater Cruising Association
Julie and Colin have inspired thousands of people and helped organizations reach their goals. Click here to see some of their testimonials.
“What a pleasure it was to have Julie Angus speak at our Navigate Youth Water Summit. Julie is an engaging speaker and story-teller…and what a story! The high school students and teachers who spent time with Julie were captivated not only by her adventures, but also the life lessons she and Colin took away from these adventures. I highly recommend Julie Angus for any event, and I would say the 45 minute line up for autographs and selfies from our group of teenagers is a pretty clear indicator that they would too!”
– Steve McIsaac, Executive Director, Inside Education
“Thank you for such an excellent presentation, all the staff loved it and we have received awesome feedback from so many clients. You’ll be a hard act to beat next year.”
– Libby Spragg, CIBC Wood Gundy
|“Colin and Julie were simply sensational. They were excellent to deal with prior to the conference, a real pleasure to meet and chat with, and of course they delivered a memorable presentation that our franchisees are still buzzing about. I would highly recommend them.”
– Brett Browne, Magnetsigns
|“I just wanted to pass along our sincere thank you for coming along with us on the cruise and delivering two amazing presentations. The attendees have never been so receptive and interested in the conference content before. You both played a major role in that change.” – Royal LePage|
|“Your presentation and story was incredible and most certainly one of the highlights of the entire conference.”
– Gina Delle Rose-Ash, St Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation
| “I’ve heard all the great testimonials, but words can’t really convey the power of your presentation.”
-Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
|“ I could have never prepared myself for the emotions I felt when you presented your story to the group. I had tears a couple times.” – CAPPA|
| “We just finished collecting the feedback from our event survey and you received excellent reviews.”
– Ashley Jennison, The Co-operators Group Limited
| “Colin and Julie were a HUGE hit! Everyone came out thoroughly amazed and impressed.”
– Freestone Capital Management
|“What an amazing event!! Inspirational is only word to describe it.”
|“I was blown away by some of your stories! I have also heard from many delegates that you were the highlight of their experience at QCLC this year.”
– Leslie Hatheway, Queens Canadian Leadership Conference
|“Everyone loved your presentation, you are inspiring, courageous, amazing individuals.”
– Jennifer Elliott, Capital Regional District
|“I hope we can do more in the future. Your story is really awesome and inspiring.”
– Karl Gildner, Worldstrides
|“It was wonderful to have you guys. Everyone is still talking about you. They loved your presentation, and I think you may have inspired a mass leave of amateur adventurers.”
|“Thank you for being with us and for delivering your presentation with such enthusiasm, humour, sincerity and spirit.”
– Jimmie Spencer, President & CEO, Canada West Ski Areas Association
|“We all fell in love with your ordinary/extraordinary spirit, your down-to-earth nature and your calm but humorous delivery.”
– Kerri Carlson, President, Every Woman
|“Your keynote presentation was amazing!”
– Jean Kay, Conference Chair, CanWrite
|“He was fantastic. Our client was super happy.”
– Haymatick Event Planners for BC Lung Association
|“The stories were riveting, and I think everybody left feeling they could incorporate new lessons to their own lifestyles.”
-Patricia Brandino, Imax Corporation
|“You overcame some truly remarkable mental and environmental challenges. I know everyone at our annual marketing conference greatly appreciated your presentation and went away equally as inspired as I did. I was so moved it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
– Michelle Burchill, Helly Hansen
|“Colin was great! Everyone from the team enjoyed his presentation. We could not believe all his adventures and epics. I would highly recommend his presentation to anyone.”
– BCIT Student Association
|“Thank you so much for delivering such a fantastic presentation – The students were absolutely blown away and it was an excellent way to wrap-up our event.”
– Shantelle Bilach, University of Victoria Business Workplace Skill Conference
| “Julie and Colin’s presentation and involvement in our Charity Golf Tournament was truly inspirational.”
– Jackie Bellerose, Wallace & Carey Inc.
|“Julie and Colin’s story was moving, inspiring and humorous! We loved having Julie speak to us! Everyone came away feeling awed and amazed”
– Roberta Boyle, Programming Director, Woman’s Business Network Comox Valley
|“You two are really great speakers!”
– Natalie Muschamp, Travelers Financial Corp.
|“Not only was her story exciting for our delegates but she was also able to apply the lessons learned on her journey to the specific challenges that we face in our industry and the process of technology commercialization which made it that much more engaging to listen to.”
– Derek Gratz, President & CEO, WestLink Innovation Network
|“It’s not often we have speakers that connect so well with our members and are genuinely nice and thoughtful people.”
– Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO)
Contact us to book Colin and/or Julie as keynote speakers for your next conference or staff retreat.
Colin and Julie are available either individually or together for keynote addresses. Please contact team(at)angusadventures.com or 1-250-514-6680 for additional information and availability.